DesiGuru's World

Its my world, my rules. I don't think anyone find it interesting to read... but if you are here already, reading this, go on, read the BLog, but I am warning you, don't expect anything interesting here...

 
My Time - India
My Interests
  • Internet
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Cartoon
  • Documentary
  • Science
  • Astrology
  • Technology
Movies / TV
  • Action Movies
  • Science Fiction
  • Comedy Movies
  • Animation Movies
  • Action Series
  • Comedy Series
  • Cartoon - Tom and Jerry
Comics / Books
  • Phantom
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Elseworld series of DC Comics
  • Graphic Novels
  • Bahadur (Indrajaal Comics, not in production anymore)
  • Amar Chitra Katha
  • Surendra Mohan Pathak Novels
Current Assignments
Posting the first ever Novel of Phantom to this Blog!
Currently Watching
Watching 4400 last season, and Kyle XY first season at the moment.
World satellite Map
Top Songs This Week
Sanmarg on Internet!!!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
its 3:37 AM in night, about three hours ago, I just did a search on google for "Sanmarg", and i could not belive my eyes when I saw a web page link of Sanmarg! Its like a dream come true for me!

Stop press!! You must be thinking what Sanmarg is, right ? Well, its a Hindi language newspaper published from Calcutta (now Kolkata), and I grow up reading that everyday! It was a small organization and the newspaper is just 12 pages all daily. So, you may call it a local newspaper, but it has more than 800,000 readership in Eastern India. There are few other newspapers available in Calcutta, like Janasatta, a national hindi daily from Indian Express group, and Vishwamitra, another local daily. But only Sanmarg knows what Calcutta wants to read in hindi newspaper.



Now, just imagine how I feel with getting an online edition of my newspaper! But this is not all, they are online, but with a difference. Instead of putting up news and articles on their site, they put up exact replica of print edition of the newspaper! That is something like I am in Calcutta, and reading my own newspaper in morning! I spent about 3 hours reading all seven days edition. It was emotional, nostalgic and somewhere I find myself closer to my home, my Calcutta. Now I will be reading this newspaper every morning with my tea! So far, yet so near to home! Thank You technology! Thank You Sanmarg!
posted by DesiGuru @ 1:09 AM  
About Me

Name: DesiGuru
Home:
About Me: Whatz up! I am just a small fish in this Internet. Sharing my experiences to all, which I am not sure anyone read or find interesting...
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 DesiGuru's World Template by Isnaini Dot Com